Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Shoes

Most women love shoes...that's a given.  I love shoes, too.  But I REALLY love Christmas shoes.  Ok, not really shoes - tennis shoes.  Having a broadcast job affords me the luxury of not having to dress up every day.  So tennis shoes and flip flops comprise the bulk of my shoe wardrobe.

Every year I trot out (pun intended) my 3 pairs of special holiday tennies.  The first pair I ever purchased are Chuck Taylor high tops.  For those of you fashion-challenged, Chuck Taylors are Converse brand.  I was a little hesitant to purchase them because, after all, they can only be worn about a month out of the year.  But they were on sale (it was August) so I bought them and left them in the box for 3 months.  They're pretty snazzy - red, green, and gold stripes with gold thread intertwined.  And of course, red shoe strings.

My second purchase is my favorite, I think.  They're white Vans slip ons with skulls wearing Santa hats.  Weird, I know, but I love them!



The third pair is another pair of Chucks, but low tops.  They're white, too, with green Christmas trees and red shoe strings.  These are the ones I was wearing the other day when the mailman came to my door with a large box. I couldn't get the front door unlocked (rusty?), so I told him I'd open the garage.  As I'm standing there by the door waiting for it to go up, I hear him mutter, "nice shoes."  Now due to the noise of the garage door going up, I couldn't tell if it was a real compliment or sarcasm, so I said, "Sorry, what did you say?"  He smiled and said it again.  Nice to know there are "older gentlemen" who can appreciate a cool pair of shoes.  Or maybe he thought I caught his unflattering sarcasm and decided to change his mind.

Either way,  I'm going with the appreciative old Dude.  Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment