Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas (again)

Since my last post, I have taken out my Christmas cards and updated the list.  Even mailed out a few.  That's it.  No decorations up yet except a little tree that was Danny's.  Probably won't be putting up any more stuff.  Just not into it.  Thought about lights outside, but if I can't talk John into doing it Thanksgiving weekend, then we won't do it.  I didn't - and we didn't. 

There is one (two) shining star in all this holiday stuff: Preston and Parker, our Grandkids.  If it wasn't for them, I would probably skip Christmas completely this year.  How can you not get in the Christmas mood just a little when you see this:


Brotherly love!  Hope for the future.   Those two little stinkers keep me smiling.  Katy (their Mom) sent a bunch of pictures via Facebook and each one is cuter than the other.  Almost makes me want to forego the freezing cold Winters and move back to Nebraska.  Almost.  But not quite.  Grammies are supposed to live far away so when they finally get to see the Grandkids, they can spoil them rotten and then turn them back over to their parents, expecting all the spoiling that Grammies gave them!  And we get to send them stuff in the mail for surprises, not only at Christmas but all year long. 

Gee, I guess blog writing can be theraputic.  Now I feel a little more Christmas-y just writing about the "Watson Boys" as they are called at home.

So tonight I will finish writing my Christmas cards and mail them tomorrow.  Then maybe I'll shop a little for our Save The Family adopted family.  That certainly makes me feel the Christmas spirit, too.  And it makes me thankful for what I have. 

Especially those two little angels!


No comments:

Post a Comment